Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Designer Darling Round 2

I am astonished I was even able to finish my kit this round, as my daughter got REALLY sick the day this round started, and has gotten sicker each day. I designed most of this with her laying asleep on my lap! I don't think this is nearly as good as it could have been, but I am happy to have finished at all.

For this round, we were given two photographs and a little story to provide inspiration, and we had to choose our own theme and color palette. One of the photos was of a roller derby match! I realize roller derby was an obvious choice, which is kind of funny, because I feel like my greatest strength in designing is creativity. But I idolize derby girls, and a derby kit has been on my "to do" list for ages! I simply couldn't pass up the chance. Its also got a brighter color palette than most people like, but I was inspired by the derby matches I have seen and the crazy colors I saw there!

You can find the links to download Derby Girl Wannabe in this forum thread. I would appreciate it if you would take the time to go and vote for me while you are there! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment