Sunday, December 9, 2012

Exciting Announcements!

I apologize in advance if I sound like a squealing teenager in this post... I am not this excitable in real life! But I have so many exciting things to share!

First up, big BIG news for Callaluna Creations! I was asked to sell in a store! Its a small store, but I was so proud to be asked. I have been working very hard to get better and better at designing, but I thought the days of being able to sell things were still way off. I'm still not 100% sure I'm ready for this step... but the fact that a store owner thought enough of my designs to approach me has given me a huge confidence boost! I'm not going to share details yet because they're still being worked out, but my store should go live sometime towards the end of January. I plan to keep most of the things I've posted here as FREEBIES, because I don't like the idea of snatching something away and making you guys pay for it when it has always been free. There is one exception, a favorite kit of mine that I plan to rework and put in the store, but I'll be sure to let you all know in advance so you have a last chance to snag the freebie version. And going forward, I may be offering some things as limited time freebies and then moving them into the store. But you will still find plenty of FREEBIES here, I promise. Its important to me that I keep offering those. Because those of you who have heard of me and have followed me are here for the freebies first and foremost, and being a hoarder myself, I can respect that! I'll be happy if you take a look at the store, but even if you can't afford to buy anything, please keep coming here for the freebies!

The second thing I am really excited about is that Raquel of Build a Memory, the woman I CT for, has recently become a mentor to me and has taught me a great deal about quality control. Not only has she volunteered to QC for me, but she's taught me SO MUCH already about how to catch things myself and how to fix things I was formerly clueless how to correct. I have a new kit releasing in the next day or two, and I am really proud of the quality of this one! I worked hard to put all of the lessons she has given me to work with this one, and its absolutely my best ever in terms of quality. A great big thank you to Raquel, for two things. First of all, she challenged me by asking me to CT when I had never done it before, and I have grown so much as a scrapbooker in the few short weeks I have been doing it! And secondly, for taking me under her wing and sharing her designing knowledge. I am so grateful!!

Ok, I am finished with the squealing for now. :) Here's a sneak peak at my new kit, which I'll be putting up sometime in the next few days. This is going to be a limited time freebie, so keep an eye out and snatch it up quick if you want it! This may not appeal to everyone, as the holiday Sinterklaas is mainly celebrated in Belgium and Holland and most of you have probably never heard of it. But as an American living in Belgium and raising a Belgian-American daughter, we celebrate! Even if you've never heard of Sinterklaas, you might enjoy the papers and the alpha, as well as a few of the elements.

Here is a layout I did with the kit. I am currently working on another.

I want to thank all of you for your continuing support. All of the comments you guys have left and emails you have sent have been a HUGE part of the reason I have stuck with this hobby over the past few months, and I thank you for that. Its become an integral part of my life and I've rarely felt so passionate about a hobby before! Please keep those comments and emails coming, and also check out my Facebook page!

2 comments:

  1. This is an adorable kit Heather and your layout I presume is with your child who looks like an angel. Good work Girl .Love it!
    huggers
    echo

    ReplyDelete